We are thrilled to announce that the 2017-2018 Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert (MIEE) recruitment period is now open! We are currently seeking educators from around the world to join our next class of MIEEs. The self-nomination period opens April 15 and closes July 15. All self-nominations must be received during this period.
How to nominate yourself
The MIE Expert Program is an exclusive program created to recognize global educator visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for their peers in the effective use of technology, for better learning and student outcomes.
To fill out a self-nomination form, please go to http://aka.ms/mieexpert.
If you are currently an MIEE, your Teacher Engagement Manager will contact to you confirm your continuation in the program.
Steps to becoming an MIEE
- Be sure that you have joined the Microsoft Educator Community and completed your profile.
- You must be a Certified MIE to become an MIE Expert. Ensure that you have earned 1,000 points on the Microsoft Educator Community and have the Certified MIE badge.
- Create a 2-minute Office Mix, video or Sway that answers the following questions, in a manner that creatively expresses what makes you a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert:
- Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert?
- Describe how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways in your classroom. Include artifacts that demonstrate your innovation.
- If you become an MIE Expert, how do you hope it will impact your current role?
We look forward to reviewing your self-nomination before July 15, 2017, and announcing our new class of MIE Experts on August 25, 2017. Stay tuned!
What it means to be an MIEE
Being an MIEE can mean many things. For some educators, it provides the opportunity to learn from and share with people from around the world. For others, it simply means being a part of a larger group of like-minded educators with a passion for using technology to transform teaching and learning.
“There are moments in my life which changed me forever…graduations, marriage, the birth of my children. The moment I became an MIE Expert is a career move that similarly changed my life forever. I have made new friends who support me and cheer for me. My lesson plans look different now with cutting edge technology. It’s the most satisfying experience of my teaching career!” – Jeanne Parrent Caudill, Kentucky, USA.
MIEEs enjoy free access to lesson plans, Skype in the Classroom activities, personal learning and more. They also play a critical role as advocates for education transformation, sharing their ideas on effective use of technology in education with peers and policy makers. MIEEs provide insight for Microsoft on new products and tools for education, and they exchange best practices as they work together to promote innovation in teaching and learning.
“Being an MIE Expert means creating a personal learning network (PLN) of teachers who love their work. It is a PLN where you will be able to find collaboration, inspiration and help to do more, to engage more. It’s as a magical place where amazing experiences happen. You need try it.” – Àngels Soriano Sánchez, Valencia, Spain.
“Being an MIE expert to me means that I have a fantastic network. This network helps me grow, learn and share, and that makes me a better teacher and a better person. The world is now also my classroom because of the MIEE network. Together we can make a difference.” – Emma Nääs, Jonslund, Sweden