To learn more about Microsoft Education and our tools and technology that help foster inclusion and support personalizing learning for every student, click here.
Please join us at the 2018 ISTE Conference & Expo taking place June 24th-27th in Chicago, Illinois.
Register for ISTE 2018 here. If you won’t be at ISTE this year, don’t worry! You can tune into What’s New in EDU: Live from ISTE each day the week of ISTE. You can also tune in on Facebook Live for HacktheClassroom.
10 Happenings from Microsoft Education at ISTE (and online for those #NOTAtISTE):
1. See ALL things Microsoft Education on our ISTE page.
2. Visit the Booth: Microsoft Education in the Expo Hall at #1102. We have dozens of sessions and training opportunities planned to help teachers save time by showing them ways to keep classrooms organized, create lessons, give students personalized feedback and track grades.
In the Booth: Classroom, devices, demos
Explore. Drop by booth #1102 to attend our sessions and your get hands on our latest education devices. Plus, you can enter to win a Surface!*
In the Booth: Visit our STEM Experience in partnership with BBC Learning
Visit booth #1102 to see how you can build future-ready skills in your classroom with hands-on learning through educator-built lesson plans that align to both ISTE and NGSS standards. Take your students on an underwater global odyssey in Oceans: Our Blue Planet, a BBC Earth and OCEANX film that reveals extraordinary discoveries and untold stories of the oceans’ most astonishing creatures.
3. Join Edtech Influencers and change-makers, Steven Andersen and Shaelynn Farnsworth, at 1:00 PM CT on Tuesday at the Hyatt Clark room for, “Differentiation: Meeting the Diverse Needs of Learners with Technology,” a Microsoft-exclusive session. You can find info on all the Microsoft sessions here.
4. Register for the Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Academies:
Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Teacher Academy
Bring your own device to this one-day training designed for K-12 classroom educators who want to learn more about Microsoft’s tools and resources. Saturday, June 23rd at 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Register now.
Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Trainer Academy
This two-day, in-depth training is exclusively for K-12 education teacher trainers responsible for delivering professional development training in their school districts. Saturday, June 23rd and Sunday, June 24th, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Register now.
5. Minecraft: Education Edition Training: Bring your Windows 10 device to this one-day training to learn how to use Minecraft in your classroom to promote creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving. Sunday, June 24th, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Register now.
6. Hands on Learning Lab | NEW! Play. Explore the latest technology through an immersive experience in Convention Center Room 185A. Enter a drawing sweepstakes for a chance to win a Surface Studio, attend a hands-on learning Make Code workshop, explore Collaboration Tools and much more!
7. Hack the Classroom | LIVE! Get Inspired. Hack the Classroom is an exciting, online, live event designed to show you what’s possible and ignite new ideas. This year, we will be live from ISTE bringing you the latest tools designed to empower your students to create the world of tomorrow! Learn more here.
8. Free Certifications | Grow. In our mission to support educators, we are offering FREE Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) and Microsoft Technical Certified – Touch Develop (MTC) exam testing. Drop by the Marriott Room Shedd AB. To prepare and learn more please continue to visit aka.ms/ISTE18 for additional information and resources on Certification Testing.
9. IT Bootcamp | Get hands on. Looking to experience an IT Bootcamp through the eyes of a student? Join the IT Bootcamp Classroom in our Expo Floor Meeting Space area.
10. MIE Teacher Sessions | Listen & Learn. Join Microsoft Educators at the Hyatt Clark room to learn what’s new in Inclusive and Accessibility Tools; explore Collaboration tools between teachers, students and staff; and see how to inspire creativity with digital inking, mixed reality and 3D + STEM topics like Minecraft, Make code, Hacking Stem, Girls in Stem and Computer Science.
- Shavonne Smith (Detroit Metro) | @SMithEducates on Twitter
- Makayla Mota (New York City) | @Makayla_Mota on Twitter
- Adam Rummelhart (Chicago Metro) | @Adam_Rummelhart on Twitter
- Shea Elam-Henley (Dallas Metro) | @Techteacher304 on Twitter
- Brittnie Hebnes (Phoenix Metro) | @BrittHebnes on Twitter
- Mallory Mack (San Diego Metro) | @mack_usmie on Twitter
More happenings you won’t want to miss:
Spotlight on Solutions
Share & Learn. Join our panel sessions in room 183B. Panel members will be a mix of school leaders, school teachers along with both community and Microsoft team members to foster an open dialog with several points of view.
Explore and learn. Visit the Microsoft Booth #1102 to learn more about inspiring Education Apps available in the Microsoft Store for Education. There will be a blend of demos from teachers sharing their practices throughout the booth experience.
ISTE + Microsoft Collaboration
Collaboration. Join Microsoft Educators in the official ISTE + Microsoft Collaboration Room. We will cover various educational technology topics to keep you at the forefront of how students are learning in today’s modern classrooms. Join us in the Convention Center #184D.
Computer Science Firehose
Dig deep. Please join Microsoft Educators at the CS Firehose Track. They will share all the latest on Minecraft: Education Edition with code builder, Makecode.com, #HackingStem, Youthspark’s Make What’s Next Initiative and an overview of Microsoft Imagine Academy’s CS curriculum offerings.
Microsoft Solutions Showcase
Drive change. Come join Microsoft and their partners who are driving change around the globe, sharing real-world experiences from schools and institutions who have been working with tools that address classroom challenges and provide student-focused solutions.
You can view all the 2018 sessions here (PDF).
*Enter for your chance to win a Surface device at Booth #1102. Simply pick up an activity card at the Booth’s welcome desk, complete the activities listed, then return it to that same welcome desk. We’ll be drawing three winners each day!