Microsoft E2 | Education Exchange is quickly approaching—March 22-24, 2021! The virtual event offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn together and celebrate the achievements of extraordinary changemakers—both leaders and educators—who are working to ensure students can achieve more in their lives today and in the future.
While Microsoft E2 has been an invite-only experience in the past, for the first time ever, this year’s event is free and open to all educators and leaders around the world. You can register here.
This past year, education institutions worldwide have seen both tremendous disruptions but also incredible opportunities. E2 will bring us all together for three days of inspiring keynotes, thought-provoking research, professional learning, and so much more, spanning topics such as social-emotional learning, building your career, as well as school and system leadership.
Plus, we’ll be announcing the winners of the global Tech for Good Challenge during the closing ceremony—an experience not to be missed!
Closed caption will be available for all sessions, in seven languages.
Preliminary agenda – More details to come
Day 1 | March 22: We’re kicking off this year’s Education Exchange with key learnings you can apply in the classroom tomorrow. Tune in to join featured guests Anthony Salcito, Vice President of Microsoft Education and Dr. Jackie Sanderlin, author of “The Why Not? Challenge.”
Throughout the day, you’ll hear from the student winners of a Tech for Good Challenge focused on leveraging AI, see product demos led by Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Experts and Showcase School leaders, and learn about an exciting new announcement from Mike Tholfsen, Microsoft Education Product Manager.
Finally, you’ll get all the details to participate in fun social media challenges and unlock some awesome digital swag. You won’t want to miss it!
Day 2 | March 23: On day two, you’ll get the chance to choose your own professional learning journey. First, Dina Ghobashy, Business Strategy leader of School programs for Microsoft, and Andreas Schleicher, Director for the Directorate of Education and Skills from OECD, will kick us off with some incredible new research on social-emotional learning.
Then on each half-hour, you’ll be able to choose from five breakout sessions led by MIE Experts and Showcase School leaders who are transforming the education space. Select from any of the tracks, move between tracks, and choose what you are most interested in.
Track 1: Build your career
- How to build your brand on social
- Coaching your colleagues: How to lead an all-star staff
- Finding your voice: How to present in the classroom and beyond
- How to become an education leader: MIE, MIEE, trainer edition
- Lights, camera, learn: How to create engaging video content
Track 2: Student-centered learning
- Discover the treasures of the discovery library
- How to ace at-home learning: Parents as co-teachers
- Accessibility tools to support diverse learners
- Data-driven decision making with Education Insights in Microsoft Teams
- How to build your hybrid learning model
Track 3: STEM
- Micro:bit in the remote learning environment
- Using micro:bit in culturally relevant curriculum
- Flipping out with Flipgrid in the STEM classroom
- Minecraft: Education Edition
- Heading to the [math] Olympics with Minecraft: Education Edition
Track 4: Student engagement and well-being
- Tech for good with WE Schools: Unlock limitless potential of your students
- Inspire, empower, and build a community with Flipgrid
- Buckle up for #BestTripsEver: Flipgrid virtual field trips
- Keep students safe with Microsoft Teams
Track 5: School and system leadership
- Data-driven decision making
- Lessons from the COVID-19 learning disruption
- Artificial intelligence (AI) in action
- Leading transformation: Navigating change
- Thrive: How to find inspiration and effectiveness in the midst of exhaustion
Day 3 | March 24: We’ll conclude this year’s special adventure with closing remarks from Peter Reynolds, renowned author of “The Dot,” “Ish,” “I am Peace,” and more. Plus, hear from MIE Experts and Showcase School leaders on how their communities helped them grow into the teachers, leaders, and changemakers they are today.
Be sure to stay tuned for the awards ceremony, where we’ll celebrate the winners of our social media and Tech for Good challenges!
Register today to access the full agenda and customize your schedule for E2!