At Flipgrid, we want to help educators everywhere provide unique learning experiences for their students. Flipgrid Live Events connect classrooms to subject matter experts and resources while providing students access to amazing locations across the globe. Whether visiting national parks, traveling underwater, or interacting with renowned authors, activists, and humanitarians, each 30-minute educational live event can broaden your learners’ horizons and enrich your curriculum.
“Flipgrid Live events have had a tremendous impact on our word wall, with new words being added after every adventure! My English language learners (ELL) students make an immediate connection to those vocabulary words because each adventure is an exciting experience that they look forward to during the school day.” — Brian Lopez, ELL educator, California, United States
Families can also join with their kids or watch events on-demand later. This fall, we are partnering with Disney-Hyperion, Redwood National and State Parks, Little Brown Publishing, Polar Bear International, Penguin Young Readers, and more to bring speakers and experiences into your classroom.
- September 22: Our first-ever Spanish language event invites learners to visit a national park in Chile.
- September 30: We will celebrate #BeWhoYouAre Day with author Todd Parr and our friends at Little Brown Books for Young Readers.
- October 6: Meet The New York Times bestselling author of the Percy Jackson book series, Rick Riordan, who will inspire students to tap into their boundless imaginations.
- October 27: Learn all about polar bears and their migration.
- Every Friday in October: Tune in to meet some of the Rick Riordan Presents authors like Kwame Mbalia, Roshani Chokshi, Lori M. Lee, and Tehlor Kay Mejia as they discuss mythologies and cultures from around the world.
How to join with your learners
- View all upcoming live events, and register for free.
- You can join as a class, or you can share the link for your learners to join remotely from home.
- Each event is paired with one or more Flipgrid activities that will help spark conversations in your classrooms and enrich the learning experience.
- Live captions are available in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Hindi, Arabic, and Chinese. Some events will also have an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter.
- All episodes are available to watch on-demand.
Don’t forget to share your favorite moments with our global community and be sure to tag @Flipgrid on social to inspire others to bring the world to their classrooms and empower their learners to share their voice.