At Microsoft, we are inspired every day by the impact that dedicated educators and thoughtful leaders are making to innovate education, and ultimately, improve student outcomes. The last 18 months have only increased our appreciation of the critical work educators and school leaders do to help every student achieve more.
Today, we celebrate the accomplishments of the thousands of inspiring educators and schools across 100 countries who are joining our communities for their commitment to supporting a culture of learning, innovation, and continuous improvement. These schools represent the new and returning cohort of Microsoft Showcase Schools and we are thrilled to welcome their continued participation in the program. Click on ‘Discover and connect with a Showcase School near you’ at the link above to learn more about each one of these schools. The educators represent those who are leading digital transformation in education through our MIE Expert program. We welcome them to the 2021-2022 class of MIE Experts, and are inspired by these passionate educators who have worked to earn a place in this program. Congratulations to all our MIE Experts! You can see a list of their names here.
These educators and leaders are distinguished by their commitment to school-wide transformation, and have leveraged Microsoft’s Education Transformation Framework to drive a culture of learning, innovation, and continuous improvement. Their hard work is reflected in improved learning outcomes for their students and an increased focus on future-ready skills. Additionally, their dedication to education transformation has helped them and their schools effectively manage the transition to remote and hybrid learning during the current COVID-19 crisis, and they are now reimagining what the in-school experience will look and feel like.
The global Showcase Schools and MIE Expert communities come together to tackle challenges, celebrate successes, share learnings, and try new solutions in vibrant online communities through Microsoft Teams and social media. As they continue their education transformation journeys, they are supported by Microsoft, partners, and each other through capacity building, transformation guidance, peer learning, amplification opportunities, and early access to research and solutions.
Congratulations to this year’s MIE Experts and Showcase Schools!
We would like to also welcome our new and returning cohort of schools joining the incubator path of the Showcase School program as they embark on their transformation journey to become a Showcase School. View all schools in the incubator path of the Showcase School program.
If you’re interested in becoming an MIE Expert, get started by joining the Microsoft Innovative Educator program. It is composed of more than 1 million educators worldwide who have joined the Microsoft Educator Center and successfully completed professional development online courses, accessed resources, and shared learnings with their colleagues. If you are an educator, get started on your MIE Expert nomination.
If you are a school leader who is interested in joining the Showcase Schools program, begin by familiarizing yourself with the Microsoft K-12 Education Transformation Framework. Next:
- Review the Showcase School rubric to identify where your school is on the transformation journey and the areas in which you'd like your school to grow.
- Learn about the Showcase School Program engagement process.
- Fill out a self-nomination for your school.
All schools joining the program start on the incubator path to begin or expand their transformation journey. When your school reaches the Showcase School criteria, you can then apply to become a Showcase School. There are two times per year for schools on the incubator path to become Showcase Schools.
In the meantime, there are plenty of other ways to stay connected with us.
- Join the Microsoft Education Center.
- Learn about blended learning best practices both for educators and schools to help ensure student success.
- Subscribe to our Microsoft Education YouTube channel.
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news and resources to support teaching and learning, no matter where you live.
- Check out our free online EduDays series and register for webinars.
- Become an MIE Trainer through our online MIE Trainer Academy and start reporting your trainings using our EduTrack tool. Between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022, earn your MIE Trainer badge when you train 100 people, and your Master Trainer badge when you train 400. You can re-earn your badge in subsequent years.