Introducing the Microsoft Learn Educator Center for Resources and Professional Development
Over the past two years, we’ve all seen the education industry deliver hybrid, remote, and blended learning, heighten its focus on student-centric outcomes, and rely on educators to purposefully integrate technology in their teaching and learning practices. COVID-19 has created a greater demand for educators to prioritize their own training and skilling readiness to effectively use and apply technology in impactful ways that improve student learning and engagement.
In support of assisting educators, school leaders, and training partners in this changing landscape, we are excited to invite the education community to try the newly released public preview of the Microsoft Learn Educator Center. Microsoft Learn is Microsoft’s centralized training and skilling platform where you can explore and learn about education-focused programs, professional development offerings, and Microsoft technologies.
The Microsoft Learn Educator Center will eventually replace the Microsoft Educator Center. Many of the courses and learning paths from the Microsoft Educator Center have been moved - to this new home and will continue to migrate the rest of the courses, product guides, lessons, and online experiences. The Microsoft Learn Educator Center will continue to expand and go beyond the Microsoft Educator Center in providing you content and user experiences to meet your professional development and training needs, all for free.
The Microsoft Learn Educator Center will enable you to create custom pathways to enhance your professional and technical skills, provide clear resources that support you along that journey, and connect you with content and certifications needed to enable students to develop 21st century skills for the jobs of tomorrow.
You are invited to experience a collection of professional development and skilling modules, as well as learning paths, on Microsoft Learn – and then provide feedback to us on your experience so we can make you a part of shaping Microsoft's new professional development platform for educators.
During the public preview, we invite you to:
- Experience Microsoft Learn’s instructional-based design. This includes principles that support ‘micro-learning’ modalities and short task-based and interactive learning modules, saving teachers time and offering multiple modalities for a more inclusive experience.
- Find and discover content in a more efficient manner. Educators and school leaders can easily search and discover all available learning content through the Browse page. It provides the ability to search and filter results by different tags including:
- Job Role: Educator and student
- Level: Beginner, intermediate, and advanced
- Products: Microsoft Teams, M365, Minecraft, Immersive Reader, and more
To participate in the public preview of the Microsoft Learn Educator Center:
- Click here to connect your MEC account to Microsoft Learn (you must be signed into MEC first).
- If you don’t have a MEC account, no worries. You will just be asked to sign in with either a personal or work/school Microsoft account and then click here to link your accounts.
- Take the new Navigate Microsoft Learn for Educators and School Leaders module.
- Browse around and take a few modules (courses) and learning paths. Check out your progress in your MEC profile.
- Sign up for our education newsletter.
- Give us feedback on the experience.
We look forward to having you join the community of educators on the Microsoft Learn Educator Center!