Education is a tight-knit community full of thinkers, inventors, and dreamers. It’s a collective effort among dedicated companies who support these scholars to develop new ways to enhance the learning process. They create new tools that help educators and students stay engaged, included, and empowered. The Microsoft team wanted to take this opportunity to say “thank you” to one of these pioneering companies, Edmodo, as they are now moving on to continue their journey in new, exciting fields.
For almost 15 years, Edmodo has helped strengthen the education community. They created tools that have enabled teachers to share content, distribute assignments, and manage communication with students, colleagues, and parents. As the new school year begins, the positive impact Edmodo has provided to classrooms will be missed across the industry, but their legacy will not soon be forgotten. Congratulations Edmodo, on all the achievements and contributions your company has provided across the education community. We wish you the best of luck moving forward, and to all your future success.
Our commitment to providing tools to create a connected classroom
While technologies in this industry may change, the connected classroom is still an essential part of our educational environment. The tools and support teachers and students can utilize are important to our overall success. Microsoft will continue to support the education community by offering a host of solutions that can help get the most out of in-person and hybrid learning environments.
For example, Microsoft Teams for Education is part of a product suite designed to empower every learner and bring everyone and everything together in one powerful communication application. It’s built with tools and features to support the evolving needs of students and teachers in both small classrooms and larger educational institutions. Microsoft Teams for Education has both free and paid subscription plans that can fit the needs of any school and provides the necessary tools and support to help you get started right away.
By combining a classroom’s communication and productivity tools in one place, Microsoft Teams enables you to:
- Collaborate seamlessly by making it easy for educators to set up virtual classrooms, keep assignments and grades organized, and collaborate on any number of files in real time.
- Connect virtually to make remote and hybrid learning fun and engaging. Chat, video, file sharing, and other features help students and educators connect and communicate more naturally.
- Communicate securely with the ability to reach out to students, staff, parents, and guardians in a safe and secure environment, including supervised chats for students.
In addition to providing collaboration, connection and communication tools, Teams can also greatly enhance the learning experience by:
- Encouraging independent learning by providing access to personalized tools that allow students to practice and learn on their own, with the help from our AI-assisted digital learning coaches and built-in progress trackers.
- Developing social skills by supporting students’ emotional and social well-being and providing a safe space to navigate feelings with age-appropriate activities that promote Social-Emotional Learning (SEL).
- Enhancing hybrid education by bridging the gap between in-person and remote educational environments with easy-to-use tools that make blended learning more convenient and efficient for everyone.
We understand that the school year has already begun, and that the amazing tools Edmodo brought to your classroom are going to be missed. We hope Teams can help fill some of these gaps and provide you the solutions you need in the fastest and most efficient manner. From all of us at Microsoft, to the entire education community, best of luck with the new school year, and let’s make this the best one ever, together.
If you’re interested in learning more, find out how Microsoft Teams for Education can help you create a successful, connected classroom.