One of the highlights of 2023 so far for Microsoft Education was in early February, when we announced Learning Accelerators. Now, we’re looking forward to showing educators how Learning Accelerators can help their students improve reading, writing, math and communication skills, and prepare them for their future, live and in-person at, happening March 29-31.
Bett UK is the biggest education technology conference in the world, and the highlight of the global education conference calendar. It’s always exciting to see and connect with the thousands of educators and edtech partners who attend, and this year we have SO MUCH to share! Along with the Learning Accelerators, we’ll show how education can be more inclusive and accessible with Windows 11 and Microsoft Education tools. We’ll also dive into the world of Esports to learn how gaming is much more than playing games – it’s an impactful way for students today to develop skills and interests that may unlock exciting opportunities for their future.
During a keynote in the impressive Bett Arena on March 29, Paige Johnson, Vice President of Education Marketing, will lead a journey to “Reimagine: Esports – Education - Employability.” She’ll be joined by James Fraser-Murison, Director of Learning for Esports at Queen Mary’s College, Basingstoke, several of his students, and a champion Esports competitor who will share how the world of gaming and Esports continues to be instrumental in helping them build confidence, learn new skills, and prepare for a fulfilling future.
Be sure to stop by the Minecraft build challenge in the Bett Esports theatre on Friday, March 31. During “Creating sustainable cities & employability with Esports and Minecraft Education”, attendees will learn more about how to jump start an Esports in education program at their schools, while experiencing the skill and suspense as competitors race to design and build sustainable cities in Minecraft Education.
With so much to explore and do, we put together a list of must-see events and sessions to help you experience as much as possible.
Planning your schedule at Bett
Bett theatre sessions
In these valuable sessions in Bett theatres, educators and education leaders share their experiences and insights about driving digital transformation and improving learning outcomes.
Business of MATs Speaker Series:
- Part 1 – Multi-Academy Trust growth and efficiencies
- Part 2 – Impact of culture & change on transformation
- Part 3 – Achieving operational excellence in Multi Academy Trusts
Game-changing edtech from Microsoft to accelerate student learning.
Help all learners engage, catch up, keep up, and get ahead.
Leading trust-wide impact from the central office to the classroom.
Make equity and accessibility a non-negotiable with edtech.
Special events and activities
These exclusive events are all no-cost to attend yet require registration. Visit the links for full descriptions, and to reserve your spot.
Microsoft Showcase School and Stand Tours. The session includes a virtual school tour led by the headteachers of both a primary and secondary Microsoft Showcase School, and a small-group discussion of the solutions and technology used every day in the classroom. Sign up for a tour.
Teachers Academy Workshops. Don’t miss these in-depth training workshops to learn how to use the latest education learning tools from Microsoft. Register now.
- Ramp up the learning in your classroom with the new Learning Accelerators.
- Curate an Inclusive classroom with Microsoft Accessibility tools.
- Dive into the dashboards of a secure and future proof IT estate.
- Foster well-being in your classroom with Reflect.
Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert Community Call: LIVE from Bett 2023! Curious to know what it’s like to be a part of our amazing MIE Expert community? Join us on-site to discover our latest community updates, hear from a feature school, see examples of best practices in the classroom, and join a “teach-meet” with our MIE Experts. Register now!
Leaders Workshop: Leading a Culture of Innovation for Deep Learning: This workshop will examine, unpack, and deliver explicit opportunities for participants to build capacity in order to maximize student learning outcomes through the development of global capabilities. Note: This event is open to School Leaders and System Leaders.
Microsoft Certifications Testing Lab in partnership with Prodigy Learning: Earn Your Microsoft Professional Certification at Bett! The Microsoft Fundamentals certifications in Cloud, Data, AI, Security and more have now been accredited by the Chartered Institute for IT – BCS. You can pick up a special membership and career benefits from BCS at Bett. Choose to take as many Microsoft Fundamentals Certification exams as you wish, at no-cost. Register now to reserve a spot.
In addition, there’s always a lot going on at our Microsoft booth (at location SJ21). Drop by for how-to sessions in the Microsoft Educator Learn Theatre and visit the demo stations where Microsoft education experts will share best practices and tips to help you maximize the value of Microsoft tools in your classroom.
At the booth you can:
- Discover how to use the new Learning Accelerators to support reading, math, search, and speaking – students get coaching that save you time and shows their progress which provides teachers with valuable educational insight data.
- Find out how Education Insights helps educators understand and respond to students' unique needs. See how to find and explore actionable data and make informed decisions.
- Discover how easy it is to adjust accessibility features and settings in Windows to create more accessible and engaging learning experiences.
- Explore how to bring game-based learning to your classroom easily with Minecraft Education to help build foundational computer science skills.
- Hear tips for how to create a safe and secure online learning environment including how to teach students about safe cyber practices.
- Learn how to supercharge your 2023 classroom with the many new and exciting features in Microsoft Teams for Education, including Learning Accelerators, parent meeting scheduler, quiz and form support, Education Insights, rubrics in assignments, and more!
This year, we’re excited to again present our higher education focused AHEAD sessions that will cover key areas of interest to higher education faculty and institution leaders. Experts will explore topics including Cybersecurity in higher education and The Higher Education R/Evolution. In addition, Bringing the student experience together with Viva Connections for Education will offer attendees the opportunity to be one of the first in the world to see Viva Connections for Education! With Viva Connections for Education we will demonstrate how students can be served targeted information that is appropriate to them. Additionally, we will also highlight how faculty and staff can use the Viva Modules to achieve more.
As you can see, there will be a lot to see and do at this year’s Bett. We’re excited to share it all, and hope you’ll join us. See the full schedule of Microsoft at Bett 2023 and make sure you register to save your spot in any of the special events and activities that you’d like to attend. Hope to see you there!