Inspired by listening to teachers’ top requests to improve OneNote and Class Notebooks, today we are excited to announce improvements in 5 areas:
- OneNote embedding with popular 3rd party education partners
- The roll out of assignment and grade integration on OneNote for Windows 10 and OneNote Online
- Assignment and grade improvements for Teams in Education, Schoology and Synergy
- Rolling out multi-class page distribution available for OneNote Class Notebooks inside of Teams for Education
- Education Resources integration with OneNote Class Notebooks
New OneNote embed parters – Flat.io and Screencast
Today we are excited to announce two new partners that can now embed into the OneNote canvas by pasting a URL. This integration is enabled now, and will work on the latest OneNote clients:
Flat.IO – the popular Online music notation software that also allows collaboration. Music teachers celebrate – now you can embed this to use interactively inside of OneNote!
Screencast – now you can easily embed videos created by TechSmith’s Screencast directly in OneNote.
To see the list of all OneNote Embed partners, visit http://aka.ms/OneNoteEmbed
Assignment and Grade integration comes to OneNote for Windows 10 and OneNote Online
As announced at the BETT Conference, we are bringing Assignment and Grade integration to the OneNote Class Notebook Toolbar, including the ability to integrate with over 35 Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Student Information Systems (SIS). With today’s blog, we have started enabling these capabilities worldwide, and will be rolling out over the coming weeks.
Class Notebook now gets assignment and grade integration support for OneNote for Windows 10 and OneNote Online
OneNote Class Notebook Addin Update – version 188.8.131.52
This new version of the Class Notebook addin includes:
- Teams for Education – Decimal grades and custom points are now supported
- Schoology – Decimals grades and Schoology categories now supported
- Synergy – Multiple grade types are now supported
To get the latest Class Notebook Addin update for OneNote Desktop, click the “Update” button, or go to http://www.onenote.com/classnotebook and download the latest update.
Multi-class OneNote Page Distribution in Microsoft Teams
Today we have started rolling out the ability for teachers using the Assignment app in Microsoft Teams to distribute a OneNote page to multiple class with a single click. To see an example of this, see the screenshot below
Improvements to Education Resources in OneNote
As announced in September, Microsoft has a preview Education Resources tool that integrates with OneNote and FOrms. Today, we’ve expadned the Insert | Education Resources feature to show a thumbnail picture of the resources. Example is below:
As always, please send any feedback or questions directly to the team at email@example.com