Today we’re announcing the pilot availability of the Open Up Resources ELA curriculum and Microsoft Education free offering. Open Up Resources is an education nonprofit that creates high-quality, standards-aligned curriculum, and provides it for free to improve education equity. This English Language Arts (ELA) curriculum was written by EL Education, and currently spans grades K–5. Recently, EdReports.org rated this curriculum as the highest rated K–5 ELA curriculum.
Any educator can now easily sign up to use the Open Up Resources curriculum. With today’s announcement, Microsoft Education is offering this ELA curriculum through OneNote Class Notebooks. This solution is free and can be used by teachers and students on any platform and device.
Classroom-Friendly Materials Access with OneNote Class Notebooks
The Office 365 Education solution takes the Open Up Resources K–5 ELA curriculum and pairs it with a free solution for content.
Organize all your class materials, including Open Up Resources, into one digital notebook with OneNote Class Notebooks. Then, create more compelling, interactive content that you can easily collaborate on with students and colleagues. Students can also use the built-in Immersive Reader to help access content. To get a sense of the solution, we put together a video for the original Math pilot demonstrating the overall concept.
Using the custom OneNote Class Notebook to access and deliver the Open Up Resources curriculum:
- Teachers can distribute the Open Up Resources K–5 ELA materials on any device via OneNote.
- Students can write, draw, collaborate, and save their work automatically in a personal digital notebook.
- Collaboration can occur around the materials: teacher-to-class, teacher-to-student, and student-to-student.
- OneNote Class Notebooks integrate seamlessly with common LMS and SIS platforms.
Get Started today!
To help teachers and schools get up and running, we have put together Getting Started materials on the Microsoft Support site which includes instructions and support information. You can also file a Help ticket easily here.
If you or your district would like to begin using the new offering,
- Go to the Open Up Resources site and sign up
- Login to the site
- Click the “Explore” button for EL Education K–5 Language Arts
- Click on the Digital & Print Materials link in the navigation bar
- Request integration instructions and check the boxes for “EL Education K–5 Language Arts” and “OneNote integration”
We look forward to your feedback on this project!
We welcome your feedback
Let us know if you enjoyed this article and we'll share similar content