As teachers continue to embrace the lesson plans and teaching methods of education’s digital age, finding new ways to make the most of technology can help simplify workflows, engage students, and improve outcomes in all learning environments, whether in person, remote, or hybrid.
We created our new YouTube series, How to with Microsoft EDU, with this purpose in mind. The videos can help you discover additional creative, compelling, and easy ways to use Microsoft tools in the classroom. Each video focuses on a specific tip or how-to—typically in one minute or less—and together the videos can help you streamline your teaching resources, encourage effective collaboration, better understand student needs, and more.
Take a look below at what’s covered in our first round of videos, and click on the links to quickly walk through these helpful features and functionalities in Microsoft Teams!
- How to connect Microsoft Teams to your learning management software (LMS): Did you know that you can access Teams within your LMS, such as Canvas or Blackboard? Watch this video to learn how you can plan lessons, schedule meetings, and share content in one secure space via desktop, mobile, or web devices.
- How to present PowerPoint in Microsoft Teams: Find out how to present a PowerPoint right from Teams. Sharing content with your students to follow along—including accessing from their own devices—is as simple as clicking one button.
- How to collaborate using Office 365 in Microsoft Teams: Group projects just became much easier! Teams brings together all the tools you need to collaborate, in one place, including Whiteboard, Word, and PowerPoint. This video shares the details.
- How to track student progress in Microsoft Teams with Education Insights: Learn how to track student engagement and experiences in your classroom using Education Insights. The Insights app in Teams can help you check in on students’ progress and well-being by keeping tabs on attendance, class activity, assignment turn-in, and more.
- How to add a partner app in Microsoft Teams assignments: Have a favorite edtech app or looking for new ways to spark student discovery through your lesson plans? This video explains how to integrate partner apps into assignments in Teams.
- How to complete an assignment with Lens in Microsoft Teams: Teams makes it easy for students to digitally submit physical assignments and makes it just as easy for teachers to grade them. Watch this video to discover how.
Don't delay in finding new ways to support your digital classroom. Subscribe to Microsoft Education’s How to with Microsoft EDU playlist on YouTube for more tips to get the most out of your favorite classroom tools.